Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

This is my dad.  As you can tell from the picture, it's from way back in the day.  He thought he was quite debonair in this photo.  Well, at least my mom thought he was.  Any way, today is father's day and I wanted to honor him and remember him.


Just being in my dad's presence often made me feel safe and calm. He was the solid base we all leaned on and the wisdom I frequently called upon.  He taught me much about life, love and friendship, and how I should act in the world.  He was a conservationist and loved all creatures of the Earth.  He taught me to respect all God's creatures and to have gratitude for all Earth's treasures.

So on this Father's Day, I remember Pop with fond memories for the times we shared while he was still on the earth. Happy Father's Day, Pop. I will always love you.

And I wish for all of you, whether your father is living or has gone to the other side, to have a thoughtful and happy holiday in celebration and memory of your dad.
Sarah McNeal

No comments: