Saturday, November 10, 2012

Meet the Characters of the Promise Me Series by Tara Fox Hall!




A huge thank you to The Moonlight Romance Authors for having me here today!

 I’m here today to promote Broken Promise, the second book in the paranormal romance Promise Me series. But what better way to introduce my Promise Me Series than a paragraph of introduction by each of the central and supporting characters, from their own POV?


Sarelle McGarran
Independent human heroine recently nursing a broken heart

Hi. My name is Sarelle McGarran. I live on an old horse farm in New York, and work part time at a metal fabrication shop. I thought when I met Danial last fall that I’d found a soul mate. Instead, he broke my heart. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy having a working relationship with a vampire, but we could have made it, if he’d just have told me the truth. I still hope that after I take some time for myself that we can reconcile. I do love him, and I know he loves me. I also didn’t take my oath to him lightly. I just hope he feels the same way.

Danial Racklan
Reserved yet romantic vampire recently nursing a broken heart

It is not easy for a human to accept most of my needs as a vampire: the night schedule, the blood donors I must use, the history I have witnessed and lost, my company which I love even as it demands much of my waking time, and the dismal fact that I will likely outlive her. I thought Sar was different, that we had something lasting. But she has run back to her home, telling me she “needs some time to come to terms with my agelessness.” My own heart is broken, that I could have been so wrong about her acceptance of me. I have no power to make vampires, unlike my licentious brother, Devlin. Was it so wrong to have wanted a child with her, a being that might have had my longevity, so that I might hold onto our love forever?

Terian
 Vengeful half-demon

Danial is not to be trusted, no matter what feelings he professes for Sar. Yes, he did tell me the truth about myself during our fight, that night he came to rescue her from me. In those months since I’ve learned much about passing for human, in addition to honing my magical talents. But that doesn’t mean I trust Danial with Sar. She was kind to me, and helped me when she didn’t have to. I owe her for that. She’s also the first human who didn’t look at me like I was an abomination. I’ll do whatever I can to show her the truth that Danial is lying to her, and get her away from him before he gets her killed.

Theo
Uncompromising werecougar nursing his own secret affection for Sar

Danial is my best friend. He saved my life years ago, and gave me a place in his business, Solutions, Inc. In the ten years I’ve known him, he always treated me with respect, as a partner. Now he’s a wreck, having loved Sar and lost her within only a few months. I told him how many times that it wasn’t going to work, him being vampire and her being human. That bastard Terian is just another problem we’re going to have to deal with, too. But keeping Danial safe is my job. Whatever it takes, I’ll find some way to put Terian down for good. He’s got designs on Sar. I’m sure of it. But no way in hell is he getting near her. She deserves to be happy with someone that loves her and keeps her safe. I’d give my life to protect her.

Cia
Loyal, reticent werefox

I’m one of Danial’s werefoxes, assigned with protecting him and his personal effects. I’m also Sar’s friend. Now that Sar and Danial have spilt, I’m forbidden to visit her. Danial said she needed space, to be completely alone. I think that’s BS, but don’t dare say that to him. I can’t risk my job, now that I’m expecting a child with my mate, Aran. All I can hope for is that Sar takes some time and returns to Danial. I miss her terribly.

Devlin Dalcon
Seductive and relentless vampire

At last, the moment I waited for all these last 50 years…my brother Danial is again in love. He hid it from me at first, knowing what I would do. I will never forgive Danial for taking Anna from me those many years ago. Danial’s heart will break once again over the loss of his beloved, just as mine did almost two centuries ago. Strangely, my charms failed me the night I first met Sar, and she resisted my efforts to seduce her. In fact, all my efforts to ensnare her have failed thus far. But no matter….I have time on my side, you see. I know Sar’s personality now, and that in time, something is sure to happen between my domineering brother and her to give me opportunity. When that time comes, I’ll be there ready in the shadows to pounce. One way or another, Sar will one day be swooning at my feet, offering her body up for my eager penetration as all Danial’s other loves did.
Is that a threat? No, my darling readers, that’s a promise.


Blurb from Broken Promise:

Shocked at Danial’s betrayal, Sarelle returns to her old home to consider her options. Yet even as Sar plans a reconciliation with Danial, Terian arrives, confessing his desire. When Theo witnesses Terian and Sar kiss, he angrily confronts Sar, leading to startling consequences. Will Sar’s heart choose Danial, Terian,…or Theo?


Excerpt from Broken Promise:

“Where were you tonight, that you were so dirty?”
“Don’t ask me that.”
“What happened, Danial? Or is this something else you want to keep from me?” I said sarcastically.
Danial stared at me, and then seemed to decide something. “I fought with Theo.” He turned away from me abruptly, and headed back to the living room.
I was uneasy at mention of Theo, so much so that I followed him. “What about?”
“About you. Theo said if I had any brains I’d come up here and say whatever you wanted, anything, in order to win you back. I refused, and told him it was none of his business. He hit me. We fought, though not for long,” he finished bitterly.
“So you’re here…because of Theo?”
“He said that if he had someone to love like you, who would look at him the way you used to look at me, he wouldn’t let anything stand in the way of being with them.”
I drank most of the wine quickly, savoring the bitter taste. I’d have maybe expected this from Cia, but not Theo. Not after how he had kissed me, and said he wanted me for himself. Maybe this was Theo’s way of making things right with Danial without telling him what had happened New Year’s Eve. His loyalty to Danial had always been strong.
I finished my wine, and put the empty glass on the counter, trying to find something appropriate to utter.
“What do I need to say, Sar? Tell me and I’ll say it,” Danial said, coming to stand in front of me.
I closed my eyes, but even then, I could still feel him there, so close to me I could touch him. My words seemed too loud when I finally spoke. “Tell me that it doesn’t matter to you if I have your child.”
“It doesn’t, Sar. Not after—”
“Tell me that you won’t lie to me again about anything.”
“I swear it, I won’t—”
“Tell me that it’s enough that I gave you my word I’d come back to you. That I can stay here as long as it takes to come to terms with what happened, and with your non-aging. That you can wait for me to do that. That you are willing to do that, because that is what I need.”
Danial looked at me, a battle going on inside him. His jaw worked, but he kept silent. Finally, he looked away.
“Would it be enough, to hear me say that? Would that make the difference to you, that action that would bring you back to me?”
“Yes,” I said, staring into his eyes. “I would probably come back to you, in time.”
Instead of kindled hope, Danial’s eyes held anger. “What about you, Sarelle? Would you love me, want me, if I told you I was yours, and then the next night left you, and refused to come back when you asked me to? How would you feel?”
“It’s not the same,” I said with a sigh.
“It is to me,” Danial said.
I smiled sadly, and reached up to touch his face. He caught my hand easily in his, and kissed it. I was slightly drunk by this time, which was no excuse, but I couldn’t stand the tension, to stand there arguing about my love for him after all that I’d gone through to be with him. After I’d told Terian that I couldn’t love him, because I loved Danial. After I’d stopped Theo from making love to me, because of my oath to Danial. I should have told Danial to stop, but I didn’t, and he took my silence for acquiescence. He moved closer, and then he was holding me. I melted into his embrace, and he began kissing my neck gently, his fangs brushing me.
“Please leave, Danial,” I whispered.
“No, Sar,” he said, lifting my chin to look into my eyes. “Not tonight. Tonight, I’m staying.”
He kissed me passionately. His lips were soft, and cool against my warm mouth, and I drank in the sensation, remembering the way we used to be before everything had happened. When we’d first dated, and started sharing ourselves with each other. I put my arms around him, and kissed him back, my body responding to him. He reached up into my hair, and pulled me against him tightly, and I felt at once how aroused I still could make him.
“Danial,” I said breathily.
“I never meant to hurt you, Sar,” he said, still kissing me. “Tell me you know that. That the things I kept from you weren’t because I didn’t want you to know, but because I was afraid if you knew, you wouldn’t love me, or want to be with me. I was afraid.”
“I know it,” I murmured back. “I never wanted to hurt you either. But I’m still afraid, and until I get past my fear, we can’t be together.”
He put his hands on my waist and lifted me so that I was sitting on the counter. He spread my knees, and slid between them, pulling me tight against him. Danial put both hands into my hair on either side of my head, and held my face inches from his.



Tara’s Other Links:



Tara's Facebook Page:


For info on my recently published books Lash and Promise Me, click here: http://www.amazon.com/Lash-ebook/dp/B007UJ6KGC and here http://www.amazon.com/Promise-Me-ebook/dp/B0086G4GDC





2 comments:

Jessica Sawa said...

OH SHEESH! someone tell Devlin to HUSH! he is so arrogant and ignorant and just BLAH! lol... I LOVE Theo! #TeamTheo! :) I love hearing each characters side of the story. Thanks!

Tara Fox Hall said...

Always welcome, Jessica! :)