Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Kate

MY KATE


I thought when Grandfather Tree died that something shifted, like a shadow fell over my house. I know this is probably just kinda strange but I knew somehow more trouble was on the way. And so it has. My Golden Retriever, Kate, who has been with me through thick and thin, has cancer of the bone and only weeks to live. There is nothing I can do to save her. I am keeping her comfortable at present on meds but that won't last and I dread the final outcome. How will my life be without my Kate? This has been a year of mixed emotions. It was wonderful when my book THE VIOLIN was released but the loss of my friend, Joyce, Grandfather Tree and now this devastating news about my best buddy, Kate, has left me exhausted emotionally. It is my earnest prayer that the new year will bring with it a sense of happiness and hope.


In the meantime, I will spend whatever time I have left with Kate just loving her and try to let her go without allowing her to suffer for my sake.


All good things to your corner of the universe.


Sarah McNeal




Author of


THE VIOLIN at Amira Press


THE DARK ISLE at New Concepts Publishing


LAKE OF SORROWS at New Concepts Publishing

No comments: