Monday, March 24, 2008

The writer's life...

Lately, I've been reminiscing about the writer's life because well I haven't been able to do much in mine, sadly. While I do write full-time often, there are times when money needs make it necessary for me to work for a while, and this is one of those times. While I love having the extra money, getting caught up on my bills and such, it is really hard when I get home and am just too tired to write. That's been happening quite a bit the last few weeks. I'm really excited about my current projects and I always have these ideas during the day at work when my energy level is better that I'm going to come home and write. Of course by the time I get home, that doesn't always happen. I'm going to be really glad when this current assignment ends and I can get back to the business of being a writer again which is of course my first love.

I know I'm not the only writer who works at least part of the time to make ends meet, let's face it, very few writers make enough to actually be able to write full-time all the time unless they are Nora Roberts or Stephen King. Still I'm looking forward to the time when I can start listening to my characters again who I can hear yelling at me in the background, but for whom I am unable at the moment to put all my attention on.

Fortunately, I'm almost done with Doomed to Be Charmed, and I'm hoping that maybe I can squeeze in a few writing hours this next week and see if I can at least get that much closer to finishing Kyle, Tyber and Tyrel's story. Then I'll be off to outer space again and working on Leilani's story. I have the say the author's who participate on this blog with me are a real inspiration, and I'm blessed in having them here. :-)

No comments: