Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My view on Speaking to the Dead...

After reading Sarah's post on her thoughts of speaking to the dead I really wanted to do more than leave a comment, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we get some serious dialogue going on this one. LOL

Like Sarah, I've had experiences where I've dreamed of relatives that have died where they've given me specific information. Unlike Sarah's dream where her mother came and told her where to find a pair of earrings, most of my information has had to do with my genealogy research. I've always been fascinated by the past, and particularly by the secrets that families keep. You know the ones where great-grandma ran a speak easy during the prohibition, or the uncle whose family were slave owner's but who married an ex-slave (that's a true story in my family history). In one instance, I was researching one of my Native American ancestors who had married a non-Indian. At the time I was trying to discover what tribe she was when I had a dream where her Uncle gave me further information to find the answers I was looking for. That dream led me on a path where I was able to find out what tribe she was. I don't believe in coincidences, and I know that the dead do use dreams to communicate with us.

Personally I plan on using some of this personal experience in a future book so stay tuned!

If someone has had a similar experience and would like to post their comments on either my or Sarah's blog post, I certainly hope you will. :-)

No comments: