Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Since I'm the lucky one who gets to post on Christmas, I'd like to first wish all of you a merry one. Even if you don't celebrate, you can still have a wonderful...Tuesday!

My absence last week was due to making the 12 hour drive from Florida to Maryland so that I could spend the holidays with my family. My parents live here, snug between Baltimore and Washington, DC. My grandparents and other extended family are here as well. My sister and her new husband live in Florida, about two hours from me, but we've all come up north. My aunt and her husband are flying in from South Dakota later in the week. I don't get to see my family often since I moved south for law school, so I look forward to this time of year. I must admit I didn't value my family nearly as much before, when they were just a short car ride away. I've come to realize just how important and influential they all are.

If you're fortunate enough to be close to your family today, take a moment to let them know you care for them. If you can't see them in person, give them a call.

Be safe, and be happy!
Kayleigh

No comments: